I know I am supposed to update about Barcelona now, but I honestly don't have much to say as my mind is feeling a bit disorganized due to jetlag.
So random things:
Some funny things about Catalan is their love of the letter X. Xocolateria, Xurreria, Xuletas, etc--anywhere an X could potentially be used, you better believe it is out and about in big bright lights.
The Catala seem pretty hilariously Spanish, in the sense that they have a love for slapstick-y comedy and no understanding of sarcasm whatsoever. In terms of fashion, I would say that they are more on the cooky spectrum versus the all-black-clothes-and-heavy-makeup Madrid street style.... I thought my giant glasses would peg me as a foreigner, but in this city the combo of having olive coloring and cooky glasses make locals think I am one of them for the 0.5 seconds before I open my mouth. This could potentially be advantageous, but it actually involves them being like "Jus vons catas vsfvldnvekjvkljwefv??" only to have me reply "...Si?" No good!!!
Anyway, both the sense of humor and the cookiness are well encapsulated in this "lip dub" that they created at the university where we study:
Other things: Our apartment is funny. It's kind of like Max P if Max was nicer-looking and more European.
Also the desk guy is a foxy Spanish pirate who is probably also gay, and therefore Joe and I think of dumb things to call him about and/or discuss with him re: our apartment. He has one pierced ear, lookin' good. Some day I will have to sneak a picture.
Our first professor is a super ornery, rambling old man who seems kind of demanding, but at this point it hasn't effected my life much. Class for three hours every day is a concept that I'll need to get used to.
See? No interesting thoughts to speak of. I have seen many var cute puppies on the streets, even a huskie!!!! That actually filled my heart with joy.
I promise to say more later. Right now I have to pretend to think about doing readings. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment